EXPO 2000, Mississippi’s leading business-to-business special event, looks like it will be one of the best trade shows ever held in the state, according to Linda Jacobs, who is coordinating her second Mississippi Business EXPO.
“We’re expecting a record number of exhibitors, along with a record number of attendees,” said Jacobs, special events director for the Mississippi Business Journal. “EXPO 2000 should be one of the best, if not the best ever, EXPO we’ve held.”
This year marks the 17th annual edition of EXPO.
Sponsors of EXPO 2000 include Trustmark National Bank, Century Tel, GodwinGroup, Dennery’s, Newschannel 12, Sign-A-Rama, WTYX-FM/Arrow 94, AT&T, National Awards, Metrocenter and SunCom. In addition to more than 150 booths representing a full-range of companies, EXPO 2000 offers a number of special mini-events:
Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2000
• The Trustmark National Bank and Newschannel 12 Salute to Business and Industry Kick-off breakfast will honor this year’s leading companies in the metro area. Leland Speed, chairman of EastGroup Properties, will give the keynote address. The breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. at the Trademart in Jackson.
• Mississippi’s leading young professionals will be recognized at the AT&T, GodwinGroup, SunCom Top 40 Under 40 luncheon. It begins at 11:30 a.m. The Honorable Ronnie Musgrove will give this year’s address.
• From 5-7 p.m., the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce will host a jazzy Business After Hours.
Also on the agenda Wednesday are free KLA Consulting seminars:
• Basic Workers’ Compensation, 10 a.m. – What are the successful components of a successful workers’ comp program?
• Sexual Harassment, 3 p.m. – reduce the potential for lawsuits.
Thursday, Jan. 13, 2000
• EXPO 2000 opens at 9 a.m.
• A reunion luncheon for Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women classes will be held at 11:30 a.m. Award-winning actress and Mississippi native Tonea Stewart from “In the Heat of the Night” and “A Time to Kill” will be featured.
Additional seminars include:
• Office Ergonomics, 10 a.m. – Discover simple steps to a more productive workplace.
• Workplace Safety, 1 p.m. – Find out how to prevent on-the-job violence, and what you should do if the unthinkable happens.
For additional information on the Mississippi Business EXPO 2000, contact Jacobs at (601) 364-1015, 1-800-283-4625 or email@example.com.
Contact MBJ editor Jim Laird at firstname.lastname@example.org.