The Mississippi Quality Awards program has become a vital tool for fostering continuous improvement in the state`s business community.
During a special recognition ceremony held last month, 11 winners were recognized for their commitment to performance excellence. While awards are nice, it`s the long-lasting results that matter most. Participants in the program are building world-class quality organizations, and these companies are making a difference in their communities and to the overall economic prosperity of the state.
Administered by the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC), the Mississippi Quality Awards requires participants to focus on customers and quality in a step-by-step, multi-level process.
Two companies were honored with the Governor`s Award this year: Baptist Medical Center in Jackson and Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems in Forest. Both were recognized for “superior results and excellent systems.”
Other winners include:
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Vicksburg District, Vicksburg, Excellence Award.
• RPM Pizza Inc., Gulfport, Excellence Award.
• College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Quality Commitment Award.
• LC Industries, Signature Works Division, Hazlehurst, Quality Commitment Award.
• Outokumpu Heatcraft, OEM Products, Grenada, Quality Commitment Award.
• Outokumpu Heatcraft, Commercial Products, Grenada, Quality Commitment Award.
• Milling Funeral Home, Union, Quality Alignment Award.
• Pioneer Aerospace Corp., Columbia, Quality Alignment Award.
• Voice of Calvary Ministries, Jackson, Quality Alignment Award.
Striving to meet world-class levels of quality is the best way for Mississippi companies to compete in the new global economy. It`s good to see that efforts like the Mississippi Quality Awards program are helping business and industry achieve these goals.
Kudos all around.