The Mississippi Quality Awards program has become a vital tool for fostering continuous improvement in the state`s business community.
During a special recognition ceremony held last month, 11 winners were recognized for their commitment to performance excellence. While awards are nice, it`s the long-lasting results that matter most. Participants in the program are building world-class quality organizations, and these companies are making a difference in their communities and to the overall economic prosperity of the state.
Administered by the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC), the Mississippi Quality Awards requires participants to focus on customers and quality in a step-by-step, multi-level process.
Two companies were honored with the Governor`s Award this year: Baptist Medical Center in Jackson and Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems in Forest. Both were recognized for “superior results and excellent systems.”
Other winners include:
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Vicksburg District, Vicksburg, Excellence Award.
• RPM Pizza Inc., Gulfport, Excellence Award.
• College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Quality Commitment Award.
• LC Industries, Signature Works Division, Hazlehurst, Quality Commitment Award.
• Outokumpu Heatcraft, OEM Products, Grenada, Quality Commitment Award.
• Outokumpu Heatcraft, Commercial Products, Grenada, Quality Commitment Award.
• Milling Funeral Home, Union, Quality Alignment Award.
• Pioneer Aerospace Corp., Columbia, Quality Alignment Award.
• Voice of Calvary Ministries, Jackson, Quality Alignment Award.
Striving to meet world-class levels of quality is the best way for Mississippi companies to compete in the new global economy. It`s good to see that efforts like the Mississippi Quality Awards program are helping business and industry achieve these goals.
Kudos all around.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info