AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Unemployment rates were higher in April than a year earlier in all 372 metropolitan areas (MSAs), the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. All four of Mississippi’s MSAs were well up, though all four were well below the national average. Thirteen areas recorded jobless rates of at least 15 percent, while 31 areas ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities