AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Prime recipients of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds will have the opportunity to attend five training sessions designed to educate on the reporting requirements to the federal government under Section 1512 of the ARRA.
The training is designed for an entity that is subject to submitting the specially mandated reports to the federal reporting web site — www.federalreporting.gov. The training will detail the registration and reporting process and will also outline the federal requirements related to grant s and contracts and oversight and accountability. In addition, basics about management controls to minimize fraud, waste and abuse will also be discussed.
“This free training is an opportunity for recipients of the ARRA funds to gain information and assistance on the requirements of reporting to the federal government,” said State Auditor Stacey Pickering. “I see it as my job to make sure each recipient has access to as much information on the front end of this process to ensure that mistakes are not made later. Instead of responding like some states and assessing the ‘fire’ after its occurred, I prefer to make sure that the ‘fire’ never starts.”
The sessions will be held:
• Aug. 26 — Biloxi at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Sept. 2 — Verona at the North Mississippi Research and Extension Center from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Sept. 3 – Starkville at the MSU Bost Extension Center beginning at 9 a.m.
• Sept. 8 – Stoneville at the MSU Delta Research and Extension Center beginning at 1 p.m.
• Sept. 16 – Jackson at the Mississippi Public Broadcasting Auditorium beginning at 1 p.m.