Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
• Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. — $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
• Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
• Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
• Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
• South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info