AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Beginning in September, the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will host Stimulus Opportunities Workshops, a series of workshops designed to provide pertinent information about funding opportunities available through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
The first series of workshops will focus on the Build America Bonds and Recovery Zone Bonds programs. Recently, the U.S. Department of the Treasury designated bond authority to many counties in Mississippi, but many of these bond allocations are too small to enable some of the counties to use them. The workshops will address methods of ensuring Mississippi’s communities are able to take full advantage of these programs.
The schedule for the workshops, which will also touch on MDA’s other stimulus programs and feature question-and-answer sessions, is:
• Jackson — Sept. 3 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Woolfolk Building, Room 114 South
• Hattiesburg — Sept. 9 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Hattiesburg Convention Center
• Meridian — Sept. 10 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the East Mississippi Business Development Corporation building
• Indianola — Sept. 14 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Capps Center
• Oxford — Sept. 21 from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Oxford Conference Center
This series of workshops is intended for county supervisors, county administrators, economic developers and representatives from planning and development districts. Informational materials will be provided for attendees to reference following the workshops.
The workshops are being offered free of charge, but interested parties are asked to pre-register by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and entering the date and location of the workshop they plan to attend in the subject line.