At last week’s hearing, both officials and victims who testified repeatedly implored the state to fight for Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) funds for victims in the worst circumstances. SIPC, created by Congress in 1970, guarantees up to $500,000 per investor in case of an SIPC member firm’s failure. Investors are angry that victims of ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities