The Merchants Company was founded in Hattiesburg in 1904, by a small group of lumber mill owners as a commissary for their lumber operations. The company now has 585 employees, more than 300 of which are employed in Mississippi. Merchants is one of the nation’s fastest growing broad-line food service distributors, serving 10 southeastern states ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities