Showers and toilets are functioning at the YMCAs, and bottled water is available at most locations, said John Morris, marketing director for the Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi.
“We have opened our doors to anyone who needs to pop in and get themselves clean,” Morris said. Offices have received an “influx of calls” from residents inquiring about facilities, he said.
The YMCA has also assisted children and youth of Mississippi Children’s Home Services and New Horizons Ministries.
The Farish Street location is closed because it is primarily a pre-school and day care facility.
Open YMCA Locations:
- Downtown – 800 East River Place – Jackson – 601.948.3090
- Flowood – 690 Liberty Road – Flowood – 601.664.1955
- Northeast Jackson – Deville Plaza – 5062 I-55 North – Jackson – 601.709.3760
- Reservoir – 6023 Northshore Park – Brandon – 601.992.9118
- Ridgeland on Country Line – 888 Avery Boulevard – Ridgeland – 601.952.0003
- Clinton – 400 Lindale Street – Clinton – 601.924.5812
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info