ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has released the latest figures from the from Saturday’s severe storms that killed 10 Mississippians. They are:
• Attala — 35 homes damaged and seven injuries
• Choctaw — 114 homes/mobile homes damaged, two businesses, 15 injuries
• Holmes — 60 homes damaged and 25 injuries
• Monroe — 48 homes/mobile homes damaged, three businesses damaged, one injury
• Union — 63 homes/mobile homes damaged and one injury.
• Warren — 42 homes/mobile homes damaged
• Yazoo — 319 homes/mobile homes damaged
MEMA has deployed the following resources: 740 tarps; 10 light towers; one pallet of Meals Ready to Eat and seven pallets of water to Yazoo County; one pallet of water to Holmes County; and, 192 tarps to Attala County.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info