A Houston, Texas-based company broke ground last week on a $13.5-million natural gas well project near Natchez. Mainland Resources is the only company in Mississippi currently drilling for natural gas in rock called shale at a depth of 22,000 feet. The company hopes its Burkley Phillips No. 1 well in the Buena Vista Prospect will ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities