In Sept. 2008, the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson began an innovative program to match Emergency Room patients with preventative care physicians in medical homes. Now the hospital believes it is seeing positive results. UMMC sees more than 100,000 ER patients a year. More than 30,000 of those patients are uninsured, and about ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities