By Amy McCullough
What are the largest sectors of Mississippi’s economy?
* Government 17.5%
* Manufacturing 15%
* Retail 8.2%
* Real Estate, Rental & Leasing 8.2%
* Health Care & Social Assistance 7.3%
For the first time, the MBJ has added “manufacturing” to its beat system. We look forward to exploring and analyzing the second-largest sector of the state economy as we write our way into 2011.
We’ll ask questions like:
* What attracts businesses to certain regions of the state?
* How big a part do education and workforce development play?
* What can regions of the state do to better market themselves?
* How do we retain businesses that have already located in Mississippi?
* How many plants have we lost during the last 10 years?
* How many have we gained?
Feel free to e-mail your ideas, questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info