What do Mississippi school districts spend on each student per year? Find your district on the map of Mississippi public school districts’ 2007-2008 Total Current Operating Expenditure per Pupil in Average Daily Attendance. Be sure to look for the upcoming MBJ analysis of public school budgets!
Note: There are 152 public school districts in Mississippi. Some are city schools, some county.
Data source: Mississippi Board of Education. Map courtesy of The John C. Stennis Institute of Government.
Highest spenders include:
- Clay County School District: $16,527
- Bay St. Louis Waveland School District $14,483
- Pass Christian Public School District $12,902
- Oktibbeha County School District $12,586
- Benoit School District $12,480
- Moss Point Separate School District $12,303
- Montgomery County School District $12,393