CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received additional reports of damage from tornadoes and severe weather that moved through the state Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
Damage reports by county are:
• Attala: One home and one mobile home destroyed. Six homes with major damage.
• Hinds: Three homes, one mobile home and five businesses destroyed. Eight homes, one mobile home and 17 businesses with major damage. There are 28 homes and 23 businesses with minor damage. Majority of damage in the areas of Byram and Terry.
• Kemper: Several homes reported damage. Six roads affected by debris and flooding.
• Noxubee: Two mobile homes and one apartment destroyed, one home with major damage, 20 farm buildings destroyed.
• Rankin: Two homes and one business destroyed, 11 homes and nine businesses with major damage and 97 homes and 21 businesses with minor damage. Majority of damage reported in the City of Pearl.
MEMA says initial reports indicate these areas will not qualify for any type of FEMA assistance because of the high level of insurance held by those affected.