CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received additional reports of damage from tornadoes and severe weather that moved through the state Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
Damage reports by county are:
• Attala: One home and one mobile home destroyed. Six homes with major damage.
• Hinds: Three homes, one mobile home and five businesses destroyed. Eight homes, one mobile home and 17 businesses with major damage. There are 28 homes and 23 businesses with minor damage. Majority of damage in the areas of Byram and Terry.
• Kemper: Several homes reported damage. Six roads affected by debris and flooding.
• Noxubee: Two mobile homes and one apartment destroyed, one home with major damage, 20 farm buildings destroyed.
• Rankin: Two homes and one business destroyed, 11 homes and nine businesses with major damage and 97 homes and 21 businesses with minor damage. Majority of damage reported in the City of Pearl.
MEMA says initial reports indicate these areas will not qualify for any type of FEMA assistance because of the high level of insurance held by those affected.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info