Gov. Haley Barbour and a venture capital firm backing three of the most recent green energy startups purchased by the state of Mississippi will both be speaking at a California energy conference for high-rollers hosted by the editors of The Wall Street Journal.
ECO:nomics “will bring together the world’s top CEOs, policymakers, entrepreneurs and industry experts to discuss the key issues” at a Santa Barbara, California resort in March.
Mississippi has given hefty tax-payer-backed loans to Soladigm, Kior and Stion, all of which are backed by Khosla Ventures. The incentive packages for these companies were approved by a majority of the Mississippi Legislature at Gov. Barbour’s urging.
Others speakers are from Ford Motor Company, United Technologies, The Dow Chemical Company, DuPont, U.S. Department of Energy, various energy companies, Whole Foods and Sierra Club.
Invitations must be requested and are not guaranteed to be approved.
- Energy policy, environmental regulation and government subsidy of clean technology: the view from the marketplace—and from Washington
- How companies are managing environmental issues and shaping their energy future
- New energy sources: Which way is the wind blowing? Are coal’s days numbered?
- The drive toward electric cars—is the “big charge” justified?
- China’s energy shift and what it means for the world
- Who is writing the big checks—and to which emerging technologies?
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info