MISSISSIPPI DELTA — Horseshoe Casino and Hotel and Tunica Roadhouse Casino and Hotel, both in Tunica, plan to reopen May 20 at 4 p.m. baring any unforeseen circumstances at this time.
The casinos were closed May 2 due to the Mississippi River flood.
“We want to thank the best and most dedicated group of employees and coworkers in the area, the Caesars Entertainment — Harrah’s, Horseshoe and Tunica Roadhouse team, for rallying together in a time of uncertainty,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Caesars Mid-South.
Meanwhile, the waters continue to encroach on roadways in the south Delta and points farther south. The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has released updated roadway information regarding the Mississippi River high flood waters.
Current road closures include (all are closed until further notice):
• SR3 in Warren County approximately 2.3 miles north of the U.S. 61/SR 3 intersection
• SR 16/SR 149 (Old Highway 49W) in Yazoo County from Erickson Road to the Yazoo River
SR 3 in Warren County from SR 3/U.S. 61 intersection to the International Paper entrance
• U.S. 61 in Warren County north of Vicksburg at the U.S. 61/SR 3 intersection near Redwood to the Backwater Levee
• SR 16/SR 149 (Old Highway 49W) in Yazoo County from the Whittington Auxiliary Channel to Erickson Road
• U.S. 61 in Warren and Claiborne counties south of Vicksburg and north of Port Gibson at the Big Black River crossing
• SR 24 in Wilkinson County near Fort Adams
• SR 465 in Warren and Issaquena counties between U.S. 61 and Eagle Lake
Probable future road closures include:
• SR 3 in Yazoo County starting approximately 0.65 miles north of the SR 3/SR 433 intersection, northward for two miles near Satartia (estimated closure date May 19)
• U.S. 49W in Humphreys and Yazoo counties from Whittington Auxiliary Channel south of Silver City to Yazoo River (estimated closure date May 18)
Source: MDOT; Caesars Entertainment