Squeezed by a federal law aimed at cracking down on mortgage fraud, dozens of Mississippi’s Habitat for Humanity chapters may soon be forbidden to transfer ownership of homes to low-income families. They face a July 21 deadline to comply with the federal Secure and Fair Enforcement Mortgage Licensing Act, or SAFE, enacted in 2008. Training ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities