Damage assessment in Smithville was underway last week, after the state’s first confirmed EF-5 tornado in almost 50 years killed 15 people and destroyed a large portion of the town’s homes and businesses April 27. Statewide, the April 27 outbreak destroyed 41 businesses, and left 74 with major damage, according to numbers from Gov. Haley ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities