Never in his wildest dreams would Jake Ayers had believed, in 1975, what has become of the Mississippi college desegregation lawsuit, known simply as “Ayers.” When all was said and done in 2004, Mississippi education officials said they could get to work enforcing the $503 million settlement designed to correct racist neglect of Jackson State, ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities