After working in the Lafayette County Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office for 38 years, Martha Thornton says she will spend her retirement performing the important job of being a grandma. Thornton was elected to the first of three terms as assessor 12 years ago. Before that she had worked in the assessor’s office for 26 years. Thornton ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities