ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Emergency management officials in Holmes County say severe weather may be to blame for one death in Lexington after a tree fell on a home late yesterday afternoon.
According to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, five counties so far have reported damage from severe weather that moved across Mississippi yesterday. Damage reports by county are as follows:
• Franklin: Several homes damaged, numerous trees and power lines down.
• Holmes: One person killed in Lexington, at least one home damaged.
• Pike: City of Magnolia and vicinity, minor home damage, wind damage to trees and power lines. A horse appears to have died after being entangled in downed power line.
• Rankin: At least one home damaged.
• Warren: Damage reported near the Yokena community, Fisher Ferry Road, Mt. Alban Road, U.S. 80 and Culkin Road.