Since March 2011, the old Mississippi River bridge in Vicksburg has been struck by barge traffic on the Mississippi River five times. That many impacts explain why the bridge is the most-impacted on the Mississippi River, according to figures from the U.S. Coast Guard. Since the 1970s, when statistics started being kept, the bridge has ...
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s
companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your
career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started?
Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
- Statewide business news you can't find anywhere else
- 24/7 online access to breaking news and years of archives
- Digital edition of the MBJ - great for reading on the go
- The Book of Lists - an indispensable resource (and a $49.95 value!)
- New Incorporation lists - find new leads and opportunities