HARRISON COUNTY and JACKSON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality has lifted numerous beach closures issued Aug. 31 in the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac for monitoring stations in Harrison and Jackson counties.
The reopened beaches in Harrison County are:
• Station 8-Gulfport West — west end at Marie Avenue to the east end at Camp Avenue
• Station 12 A-Biloxi West Central — extends from Travia Street on the west to Iberville Drive on the east
• Station 12B-Porter Avenue — west end at St. Peter Street to the east end at Dukate Street
• Station 13A-Biloxi East — west end at Dukate Street to east end at Kuhn Street
The beaches in Jackson County are:
• Station 14-Front Beach — from the front of the Ocean Springs Yacht Club to Jackson Avenue
• Station 15-Shearwater Beach — from mouth of Weeks Bayou to Ashley Place
• Station 17-St. Andrews Beach — west end of the bulkhead to east end of the bulkhead
• Station 19-Pascagoula West — west end at Oliver Street to east end at Westwood
• Station 20-Pascagoula East — west end of Westwood to the east end at Grand Oaks
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info