The Mississippi Economic Council Insight Tour has a couple of more weeks to go before arriving in Hattiesburg on March 1 for its final stop.
The tour, which began in Gulfport on Jan. 24, is gathering thoughts and suggestions on strengthening the state’s business climate and offers participants a chance to network with business people from around the state.
The tour will make an 11:30 a.m. stop in Corinth on Thursday (Feb. 14) and move to Ripley for an 7:30 a.m. session Friday and move on that morning to Tupelo for an 11:30 session.
The Corinth insight session will be at Shiloh Ridge Athletic Club with Rotary and Kiwanis. The People’s Bank of Ripley is hosting the Ripley session. The Tupelo session will be held at the Summit Center with Kiwanis.
The tour resumes next week with a session in Columbus at 11:30 Tuesday at Lion Hills (formerly Columbus Country Club) with Rotary. Next stop is 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Pascagoula at The Grand Magnolia Ballroom with Rotary.
Major focus areas this year are:
• Blueprint Mississippi: Health Care as Economic Development Report
• Blueprint Mississippi: Update of Progress on Goals and Recommendations
• Healthy Living: The Importance of Healthy Lifestyles
• Early Childhood Education: Providing Sustainability
• Education Briefing: A Look at Educational Issues
• Legislative Overview: What’s Happening at the State Capitol
Click here for details, times and locations.