Home » NEWS » Coast restaurant damaged by early morning fire

Coast restaurant damaged by early morning fire

GULFPORT — Authorities in Gulfport are investigating an early morning fire that damaged a restaurant.

WLOX TV reports a fire was reported this morning at South China Chinese Restaurant on Courthouse Road at around 4 a.m.

Gulfport Fire Department battalion chief Chris Henderson said the fire started in the kitchen where a pot was found left on the stove. Henderson believes the pot sparked a grease fire.

The roof and kitchen sustained smoke damage but Henderson said because the owners left the door to the kitchen closed it saved much of the eating area from smoke damage.

About Megan Wright

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *