MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has issued water contact advisories for five sampling stations.
These segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in these areas.
The affected stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper to the jetty near Poinset)
• Station 2 — Buccaneer State Park (near State Park Road)
• Station 3 — Waveland (from Oak Boulevard to Farve Street)
• Station 5 — Pass Christian West (from Fort Henry Avenue to Elliot Street)
• Station 10B — East Courthouse Road Beach (from Courthouse Road east to
Stations 4 and 10 remain on advisories already issued.
One advisory has been lifted. It is Station 8 at Gulfport West, which extends from Marie Avenue east to Camp Avenue.