STARKVILLE, Mississippi — YeHive, an event-centered social media platform based in Starkville, has met its first fundraising goal and has assembled an advisory board and expanded its executive team as it prepares to move forward.
“YeHive intends to revolutionize the way people share and participate in events and experiences,” said Brad Fuller, YeHive’s founder and Chief Executive Officer. “The early response from users has been overwhelmingly positive, but we’re merely on the cusp of what YeHive can be.”
YeHive, available for iPhone and Android devices, allows users to create event pages and share the experience with family, friends and attendees. YeHive’s tagline is “Be there.” Those unable to attend any event, can access real-time postings from multiple vantage points.
YeHive allows users to hone in exclusively on events they are interested, instead of having to wade through a cluttered newsfeed or track down hashtags or keywords on a network like twitter. YeHive says it has been successfully used for birthdays, concerts, wedding, sporting events and a host of other social events and special occasions.
The announcement of the advisory board and expansion of the executive team comes on the heels of major fundraising successes for YeHive. It reached a $700,000 capital goal set late last year, and has begun a drive to its next fundraising target.
YeHive’s advisory board includes:
• Bruce Hack, founder of BLH Venture, LLC, specializes in entertainment and new media. He was previously the Chief Executive Officer of Vivendi Games, a leading publisher of console and online video games. Hack oversaw the development and launch of Blizzard’s World of Warcraft — the largest and most played online video game in the world. Hack also served in key leadership positions for Activision Blizzard, Universal Music Group and Vivendi Universal Entertainment.
• John Janitz, Chairman and co-founding Partner of Evergreen Capital Partners LLC, brings years of experience in investing opportunities and consultation on strategy, technology and operational matters. Prior to forming Evergreen, Janitz served as Co-Managing Principal for Questor Partners Funds, a $1 billion private equity turnaround fund.
• Dominick Schiano, President and co-founding Partner of Evergreen Capital Partners LLC, is responsible for sourcing investment opportunities and providing strategic, operational and financial advisory services to The Gores Group. Evergreen has previously been engaged by TowerBrook Capital Partners where Schiano was a member of the Management Advisory Board and by DLJ Merchant Banking Partners, the Private equity arm of Credit Suisse where he held the position of Vice Chairman – Global Industrial Partners.
• Philip Nome has more than 38 years of experience, primarily at Ford Motor Company, directing operations in varied areas of corporate management. Most recently, Nome served as a Managing Partner at Helix Global Partners, a marketing services and consulting entity. Before Helix, he was Chief Executive Officer and Equity Partner of BlueDot Design, providing Tier 1 automotive vehicle design services to major automotive manufacturers.
“Collectively this group of individuals has led, launched and funded billion dollar companies and concepts across industries and continents,” said Fuller. “We are all thrilled to be able to turn to this board for their guidance during a tremendous phase of opportunity and growth for YeHive.”
YeHive’s expanded executive team:
• Paul Burke, Chief Operating Officer, has founded and operated a variety of companies in his career that spans over 30 years. Previous to assuming his role at YeHive, Burke served as co-founder and co-CEO of TMP International, Inc. and acted as Managing Partner at Helix Global Partners, a business advisory firm.
• Allan Inglis, Chief Financial Officer, served as Vice President Finance of Magna International, Inc. Interior Systems Division based in Detroit, Michigan. Prior to Magna, Inglis served as Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer for Black & Decker Corporation in Canada and Director of Planning & Operations Analysis at B&D’s World Headquarters in Baltimore, Md.
• Craig Nome, Chief Marketing Officer, has been actively involved in various Marketing, Sales and Strategic roles for more than 20 years. Most recently, Nome was Managing Partner at Helix Global Partners. In his role at Helix, Nome had oversight responsibility for strategic business planning, led all financial analyses, compensation planning and corporate compliance / governance reviews.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info