Home » NEWS » Fire that destroyed city shop ruled an accident

Fire that destroyed city shop ruled an accident

JACKSON — Fire authorities in Jackson have ruled that a fire that destroyed the city’s maintenance shop Jan. 9 started by accident.

Investigators tell WAPT-TV they believe the fire at the Jefferson Street building began in the electrical wiring of an exhaust fan, then was fueled by paint and other materials stored there.

No one was in the building when the fire broke out and no injuries were reported.

It took more than 40 firefighters about two hours to put out the blaze. The building was declared a total loss.

BEFORE YOU GO…

… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.

If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.

Click for more info

About Megan Wright

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*