MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has issued two water contact advisories for sampling stations in Harrison County.
These segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in these areas.
The affected stations are:
• Station 7A-Long Beach, which extends from Oak Gardens Avenue east to Girard Avenue
• Station 8-Gulfport West, which extends from Marie Avenue east to Camp Avenue
Advisories are lifted for the following stations:
• Station 10-Gulfport Central, which extends from 20th Avenue east to Thornton Avenue
• Station 10B-East Courthouse Road, which extends from Courthouse Road east to Tegarden Road
• Station 12A-Biloxi West Central, which extends from Travia Avenue east to Iberville Drive
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info