MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has issued two water contact advisories for sampling stations in Harrison County.
These segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in these areas.
The affected stations are:
• Station 7A-Long Beach, which extends from Oak Gardens Avenue east to Girard Avenue
• Station 8-Gulfport West, which extends from Marie Avenue east to Camp Avenue
Advisories are lifted for the following stations:
• Station 10-Gulfport Central, which extends from 20th Avenue east to Thornton Avenue
• Station 10B-East Courthouse Road, which extends from Courthouse Road east to Tegarden Road
• Station 12A-Biloxi West Central, which extends from Travia Avenue east to Iberville Drive