ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has accepted three new members, seven renewal memberships and two returning members into its enHance program for the 2014 class.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program begun in 2009 that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties and other entities who are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers — Associate, Steward or Leader.
“There are many facilities in Mississippi doing good work and achieving standards beyond their permit requirements. We believe they should be recognized for their leadership,” said Trudy Fisher, MDEQ executive director. “In addition, successful participation in this program results in the reduction of waste and the conservation of resources leading to long-term economic benefits and continuous environmental enhancement.”
The new members for 2014 are:
• Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi Inc. (Blue Springs) — Leader
• Cooper Tire Company (Clarksdale) — Steward
• DeSoto County Environmental Services — Associate
The renewing members are:
• Columbus Air Force Base — Leader
• Custom Engineered Wheels Inc. (Tupelo) — Leader
• Flexsteel Industries (Starkville) — Leader
• Nissan North America Inc. (Canton) — Leader
• Cooper Tire Company (Tupelo) — Steward
• Leaf River Cellulose, LLC (New Augusta) — Steward
• City of Ridgeland — Steward
Two members are returning to the program. They are:
• Gulf State Manufacturers (Starkville) — Leader
• Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems (Ocean Springs) — Steward
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info