By TED CARTER
Baker Donelson is moving into the 126,000- square-foot One Eastover Center, a Class A building whose opening marks completion of the initial phase of the District at Eastover mixed-use development.
More than 150 employees including nearly 80 attorneys will begin work March 28 in the firm’s new 70,000-square-foot office, which occupies three floors in the building at Interstate 55 and Eastover Drive.
Previously, Baker Donelson’s office was in the Meadowbrook Office Park, near The District.
“Our team is excited about being the newest neighbors in The District,” said Scott W. Pedigo, managing shareholder of the firm’s Jackson office. Baker Donelson’s new space features:
• Three floors with a full-service kitchenette on each floor
• 124 private offices and 38 open workstations expandable to 44
• 14 conference rooms with audio/visual capabilities in each and multiple rooms equipped with secure video conferencing capabilities on each floor
• A 3,500-square-foot multipurpose area on the fifth floor for entertaining, complete with a cafe and large balcony with sweeping views of The District’s attractions
• All workstations are equipped with sit-stand desks
• Multiple work rooms and shared common areas on each floor
Work on One Eastover Center was completed at the end of 2015, and is also home to Cosmich Simmons & Brown, another lead tenant that moved into the building last month.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info