Letter to Editor
by For the MBJ
Published: July 13,1998
I enjoy your publication very much and wanted to respond to your invitation for views on our tax system as requested in your June 8 column. Having dealt with the system for many years, just as you, I believe CPAs offer a unique viewpoint. There simply should be more CPAs in Congress writing the tax law.
The purpose of federal tax law is to simply raise sufficient revenues to finance the workings of the government. The number one priority of the federal government is protection of its citizens by means of the armed forces. Without this assurance of protection, our way of life would simply not exist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015