Letter to Editor
by For the MBJ
Published: July 13,1998
I enjoy your publication very much and wanted to respond to your invitation for views on our tax system as requested in your June 8 column. Having dealt with the system for many years, just as you, I believe CPAs offer a unique viewpoint. There simply should be more CPAs in Congress writing the tax law.
The purpose of federal tax law is to simply raise sufficient revenues to finance the workings of the government. The number one priority of the federal government is protection of its citizens by means of the armed forces. Without this assurance of protection, our way of life would simply not exist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years