Letter to Editor
by For the MBJ
Published: July 13,1998
I enjoy your publication very much and wanted to respond to your invitation for views on our tax system as requested in your June 8 column. Having dealt with the system for many years, just as you, I believe CPAs offer a unique viewpoint. There simply should be more CPAs in Congress writing the tax law.
The purpose of federal tax law is to simply raise sufficient revenues to finance the workings of the government. The number one priority of the federal government is protection of its citizens by means of the armed forces. Without this assurance of protection, our way of life would simply not exist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds