Letter to Editor
by For the MBJ
Published: July 13,1998
I enjoy your publication very much and wanted to respond to your invitation for views on our tax system as requested in your June 8 column. Having dealt with the system for many years, just as you, I believe CPAs offer a unique viewpoint. There simply should be more CPAs in Congress writing the tax law.
The purpose of federal tax law is to simply raise sufficient revenues to finance the workings of the government. The number one priority of the federal government is protection of its citizens by means of the armed forces. Without this assurance of protection, our way of life would simply not exist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss