Letter to Editor
by For the MBJ
Published: July 13,1998
I enjoy your publication very much and wanted to respond to your invitation for views on our tax system as requested in your June 8 column. Having dealt with the system for many years, just as you, I believe CPAs offer a unique viewpoint. There simply should be more CPAs in Congress writing the tax law.
The purpose of federal tax law is to simply raise sufficient revenues to finance the workings of the government. The number one priority of the federal government is protection of its citizens by means of the armed forces. Without this assurance of protection, our way of life would simply not exist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart