Published: August 31,1998
Pearl Street Pasta, Natchez
Pearl Street Pasta has been quietly building a reputation in Natchez since Oct. 1991 until it is now one of the city`s best and most frequented eateries.
As one would expect by the name, pasta is the centerpiece of this bill of fare. The lunch menu amply reflects that of the evening – with somewhat smaller portions and prices. One may choose from a wide variety of dishes, such as spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna and a diversity of other pastas (vermicelli, linguini, etc.) and sauces (primavera, alfredo, marinara, etc.) with equally as many toppings (Cajun shrimp, scampi, chicken). Lunches are priced from $4.95 to $7.95 and include a low-fat model and a grilled chicken salad.
The dinner menu is merely an expanded version of the lunch offerings, including evening prices. Additions are Pearl Street pasta, shrimp and crabmeat pasta, pasta jambalaya, chicken and tasso, veal parmesan and picatta, shrimp and crawfish pasta and a nightly chef`s special at market price. The evening menu is priced from $8.95 for the spaghetti and meatballs, to $17.95 for an eight-ounce grilled filet of beef topped with mushrooms and cabernet sauce over angel hair pasta and sweet carrots.
We were very taken with the shrimp and crabmeat pasta. The abundant supply of crustaceans were perfectly cooked and then served with a white cream sauce over fettuccini. The equally tasty and bountiful serving of shrimp and crawfish scored just as high among our group. They consisted of six large shrimp together with a handful of crawfish tails tossed in a cream sauce with scallions and then served atop al dente penne. Both are priced at $14.95.
We also tried both the veal parmesan and the veal picatta. The veal parmesan was more run-of-the-mill, but the tenderloin veal filets were saut
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring