Y2K Legal Issues
by For the MBJ
Published: September 14,1998
It`s going to be a shoot-out, no doubt about it. The software glitch dubbed the “millennium bug” promises the biggest legal battle – ever.
For attorneys specializing in the law of intellectual property, commercial transactions or corporations it is time to lock and load, and that is just what they are doing. Three-day legal education seminars on Year 2000 issues are becoming common, each presenting its own slate of issues that make clients Y2K compliant, that can be sued for or defended against. Here is a sampling:
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)