Y2K Legal Issues
by For the MBJ
Published: September 14,1998
It`s going to be a shoot-out, no doubt about it. The software glitch dubbed the “millennium bug” promises the biggest legal battle – ever.
For attorneys specializing in the law of intellectual property, commercial transactions or corporations it is time to lock and load, and that is just what they are doing. Three-day legal education seminars on Year 2000 issues are becoming common, each presenting its own slate of issues that make clients Y2K compliant, that can be sued for or defended against. Here is a sampling:
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state