Small business loans spark private-company success
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks