Small business loans spark private-company success
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment