Small business loans spark private-company success
by Lynne W. Jeter
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county