Small business loans spark private-company success
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that