Small business loans spark private-company success
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur