Small business loans spark private-company success
by Lynne W. Jeter
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition