Small business loans spark private-company success
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river