Small business loans spark private-company success
Published: November 9,1998
The role of small business loans has contributed to the success of many private companies in Mississippi such as Miskelly Furniture, KLLM and McRaes Department Stores.
In FY1998, 420 loans totaling $105 million were made through the Small Business Administration, primarily through the 7(A) Guaranty Program and 504 Certified Development Company Program. In FY1997, 425 loans totaling $73.5 million were made, said Janita Stewart, district director. “We were able to achieve 98.8% of our target of 425 loans, making Mississippi the…
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs