Links to Gulf of Mexico feed major portions of Mississippi economy
Published: November 16,1998
Ocean Springs – With the tremendous economic disruption caused by Hurricane Georges, some might wonder if being on the ocean is an advantage or disadvantage. But when you start tallying up the number of Mississippi businesses that are dependent on involvement with the ocean, it is clear that there is a tremendous impact for the entire economy of the state.
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion