Links to Gulf of Mexico feed major portions of Mississippi economy
by Becky Gillette
Published: November 16,1998
Ocean Springs – With the tremendous economic disruption caused by Hurricane Georges, some might wonder if being on the ocean is an advantage or disadvantage. But when you start tallying up the number of Mississippi businesses that are dependent on involvement with the ocean, it is clear that there is a tremendous impact for the entire economy of the state.
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil