Links to Gulf of Mexico feed major portions of Mississippi economy
Published: November 16,1998
Ocean Springs – With the tremendous economic disruption caused by Hurricane Georges, some might wonder if being on the ocean is an advantage or disadvantage. But when you start tallying up the number of Mississippi businesses that are dependent on involvement with the ocean, it is clear that there is a tremendous impact for the entire economy of the state.
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game