Links to Gulf of Mexico feed major portions of Mississippi economy
Published: November 16,1998
Ocean Springs – With the tremendous economic disruption caused by Hurricane Georges, some might wonder if being on the ocean is an advantage or disadvantage. But when you start tallying up the number of Mississippi businesses that are dependent on involvement with the ocean, it is clear that there is a tremendous impact for the entire economy of the state.
Want to read the rest of this story? Call the Mississippi Business Journal circulation department at (601) 364-1022 to subscribe today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win