by Chris Elkins
Published: December 21,1998
Understanding and compassion is a most desirable quality any time of the year, but more so during the holidays. The season is a stressful time for everyone, including business owners and managers, especially for those in retail. Longer hours and increased orders often require not only additional employees, seasonal temporaries, but permanent employees are expected to put in extra overtime hours as well. Crowded stores, irate customers, and tired stressed employees make for a volatile mix. It is not surprising, under these circumstances, that the boss may embrace a “Bah! Humbug!” attitude when considering Christmas bonuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center