by Chris Elkins
Published: December 21,1998
Understanding and compassion is a most desirable quality any time of the year, but more so during the holidays. The season is a stressful time for everyone, including business owners and managers, especially for those in retail. Longer hours and increased orders often require not only additional employees, seasonal temporaries, but permanent employees are expected to put in extra overtime hours as well. Crowded stores, irate customers, and tired stressed employees make for a volatile mix. It is not surprising, under these circumstances, that the boss may embrace a “Bah! Humbug!” attitude when considering Christmas bonuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force