by Chris Elkins
Published: December 21,1998
Understanding and compassion is a most desirable quality any time of the year, but more so during the holidays. The season is a stressful time for everyone, including business owners and managers, especially for those in retail. Longer hours and increased orders often require not only additional employees, seasonal temporaries, but permanent employees are expected to put in extra overtime hours as well. Crowded stores, irate customers, and tired stressed employees make for a volatile mix. It is not surprising, under these circumstances, that the boss may embrace a “Bah! Humbug!” attitude when considering Christmas bonuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings