by Chris Elkins
Published: December 21,1998
Understanding and compassion is a most desirable quality any time of the year, but more so during the holidays. The season is a stressful time for everyone, including business owners and managers, especially for those in retail. Longer hours and increased orders often require not only additional employees, seasonal temporaries, but permanent employees are expected to put in extra overtime hours as well. Crowded stores, irate customers, and tired stressed employees make for a volatile mix. It is not surprising, under these circumstances, that the boss may embrace a “Bah! Humbug!” attitude when considering Christmas bonuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom