by Chris Elkins
Published: December 21,1998
Understanding and compassion is a most desirable quality any time of the year, but more so during the holidays. The season is a stressful time for everyone, including business owners and managers, especially for those in retail. Longer hours and increased orders often require not only additional employees, seasonal temporaries, but permanent employees are expected to put in extra overtime hours as well. Crowded stores, irate customers, and tired stressed employees make for a volatile mix. It is not surprising, under these circumstances, that the boss may embrace a “Bah! Humbug!” attitude when considering Christmas bonuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money