From the Ground Up
Published: January 4,1999
Do you enjoy discussion groups? Do you like movies? How about movies that deal with business issues? If so, read on. If not, this column will be a waste of your time.
For several years now I`ve been meaning to start a discussion group that would meet on a regular basis and discuss topical issues. As I explored the idea, it became obvious that there was a fair amount of work involved. Who would get the speaker each month? If not a speaker, how would the subject be chosen? Where would the group meet? You get the idea.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials