Tobacco money, Medicaid reform top issues at health issues forum
Published: January 4,1999
Issues ranging from the impact of Medicaid reform on Mississippi to increased support for children`s health insurance and trauma care will be discussed at the 1999 Health Issues Forum Jan. 12 sponsored by the Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA) and the Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA).
Stump speeches by the top four candidates for governor will be included as part of the forum. The four candidates are Republicans Mike Parker and Charlie Williams and Democrats Mike Moore and Ronnie Musgrove.
MSMA president Michael H. Carter Jr. said the forum will provide the opportunity to focus on important health care issues expected to be addressed in the 1999 session of the Mississippi Legislature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal