Tobacco money, Medicaid reform top issues at health issues forum
Published: January 4,1999
Issues ranging from the impact of Medicaid reform on Mississippi to increased support for children`s health insurance and trauma care will be discussed at the 1999 Health Issues Forum Jan. 12 sponsored by the Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA) and the Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA).
Stump speeches by the top four candidates for governor will be included as part of the forum. The four candidates are Republicans Mike Parker and Charlie Williams and Democrats Mike Moore and Ronnie Musgrove.
MSMA president Michael H. Carter Jr. said the forum will provide the opportunity to focus on important health care issues expected to be addressed in the 1999 session of the Mississippi Legislature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief