Tobacco money, Medicaid reform top issues at health issues forum
by Becky Gillette
Published: January 4,1999
Issues ranging from the impact of Medicaid reform on Mississippi to increased support for children`s health insurance and trauma care will be discussed at the 1999 Health Issues Forum Jan. 12 sponsored by the Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA) and the Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA).
Stump speeches by the top four candidates for governor will be included as part of the forum. The four candidates are Republicans Mike Parker and Charlie Williams and Democrats Mike Moore and Ronnie Musgrove.
MSMA president Michael H. Carter Jr. said the forum will provide the opportunity to focus on important health care issues expected to be addressed in the 1999 session of the Mississippi Legislature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain