Tobacco money, Medicaid reform top issues at health issues forum
Published: January 4,1999
Issues ranging from the impact of Medicaid reform on Mississippi to increased support for children`s health insurance and trauma care will be discussed at the 1999 Health Issues Forum Jan. 12 sponsored by the Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA) and the Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA).
Stump speeches by the top four candidates for governor will be included as part of the forum. The four candidates are Republicans Mike Parker and Charlie Williams and Democrats Mike Moore and Ronnie Musgrove.
MSMA president Michael H. Carter Jr. said the forum will provide the opportunity to focus on important health care issues expected to be addressed in the 1999 session of the Mississippi Legislature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist