Tobacco money, Medicaid reform top issues at health issues forum
Published: January 4,1999
Issues ranging from the impact of Medicaid reform on Mississippi to increased support for children`s health insurance and trauma care will be discussed at the 1999 Health Issues Forum Jan. 12 sponsored by the Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA) and the Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA).
Stump speeches by the top four candidates for governor will be included as part of the forum. The four candidates are Republicans Mike Parker and Charlie Williams and Democrats Mike Moore and Ronnie Musgrove.
MSMA president Michael H. Carter Jr. said the forum will provide the opportunity to focus on important health care issues expected to be addressed in the 1999 session of the Mississippi Legislature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office