Erosion of basic public health infrastructure troubling
Published: January 11,1999
There is nothing very glamorous about basic public health services such as immunizations, pre-natal care, well-child care and restaurant inspections. In fact, it is an area that can be easy to ignore — until something disastrous happens such as a busload of tourists getting food poisoning at a restaurant.
The food poisoning incident did happen a number of years ago, leaving the out-of-state visitors with sour memories of their visit to Mississippi. That`s just one example of why it is important for public health functions to be supported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval