Erosion of basic public health infrastructure troubling
Published: January 11,1999
There is nothing very glamorous about basic public health services such as immunizations, pre-natal care, well-child care and restaurant inspections. In fact, it is an area that can be easy to ignore — until something disastrous happens such as a busload of tourists getting food poisoning at a restaurant.
The food poisoning incident did happen a number of years ago, leaving the out-of-state visitors with sour memories of their visit to Mississippi. That`s just one example of why it is important for public health functions to be supported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill