Erosion of basic public health infrastructure troubling
Published: January 11,1999
There is nothing very glamorous about basic public health services such as immunizations, pre-natal care, well-child care and restaurant inspections. In fact, it is an area that can be easy to ignore — until something disastrous happens such as a busload of tourists getting food poisoning at a restaurant.
The food poisoning incident did happen a number of years ago, leaving the out-of-state visitors with sour memories of their visit to Mississippi. That`s just one example of why it is important for public health functions to be supported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job