Erosion of basic public health infrastructure troubling
Published: January 11,1999
There is nothing very glamorous about basic public health services such as immunizations, pre-natal care, well-child care and restaurant inspections. In fact, it is an area that can be easy to ignore — until something disastrous happens such as a busload of tourists getting food poisoning at a restaurant.
The food poisoning incident did happen a number of years ago, leaving the out-of-state visitors with sour memories of their visit to Mississippi. That`s just one example of why it is important for public health functions to be supported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor