Erosion of basic public health infrastructure troubling
Published: January 11,1999
There is nothing very glamorous about basic public health services such as immunizations, pre-natal care, well-child care and restaurant inspections. In fact, it is an area that can be easy to ignore — until something disastrous happens such as a busload of tourists getting food poisoning at a restaurant.
The food poisoning incident did happen a number of years ago, leaving the out-of-state visitors with sour memories of their visit to Mississippi. That`s just one example of why it is important for public health functions to be supported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey