State`s first brew pubs should be quite popular
Published: January 11,1999
In Boston visitors have a new historical tour option, visiting Boston`s brew pubs on a tour with the Old Town Trolley. The tour includes a narrated history of beer brewing in Boston and the U.S., and stops to sample the wares at three pubs.
Brew pubs, also known as microbreweries, are a combination of restaurant and bar that usually have brewing equipment exposed so that customers can watch beer making in progress. Brew pubs are popular throughout most of the U.S. and in many foreign countries. The pubs have been a significant new trend, attracting visitors with a different atmosphere and specialty, premium beers in a variety of different flavors.
In most states, the above description of a brew pub wouldn`t be necessary. But brew pubs haven`t been legal in Mississippi until recently when the state became the last in the country to legalize microbreweries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building