State`s first brew pubs should be quite popular
Published: January 11,1999
In Boston visitors have a new historical tour option, visiting Boston`s brew pubs on a tour with the Old Town Trolley. The tour includes a narrated history of beer brewing in Boston and the U.S., and stops to sample the wares at three pubs.
Brew pubs, also known as microbreweries, are a combination of restaurant and bar that usually have brewing equipment exposed so that customers can watch beer making in progress. Brew pubs are popular throughout most of the U.S. and in many foreign countries. The pubs have been a significant new trend, attracting visitors with a different atmosphere and specialty, premium beers in a variety of different flavors.
In most states, the above description of a brew pub wouldn`t be necessary. But brew pubs haven`t been legal in Mississippi until recently when the state became the last in the country to legalize microbreweries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training