State`s first brew pubs should be quite popular
Published: January 11,1999
In Boston visitors have a new historical tour option, visiting Boston`s brew pubs on a tour with the Old Town Trolley. The tour includes a narrated history of beer brewing in Boston and the U.S., and stops to sample the wares at three pubs.
Brew pubs, also known as microbreweries, are a combination of restaurant and bar that usually have brewing equipment exposed so that customers can watch beer making in progress. Brew pubs are popular throughout most of the U.S. and in many foreign countries. The pubs have been a significant new trend, attracting visitors with a different atmosphere and specialty, premium beers in a variety of different flavors.
In most states, the above description of a brew pub wouldn`t be necessary. But brew pubs haven`t been legal in Mississippi until recently when the state became the last in the country to legalize microbreweries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money