State`s first brew pubs should be quite popular
Published: January 11,1999
In Boston visitors have a new historical tour option, visiting Boston`s brew pubs on a tour with the Old Town Trolley. The tour includes a narrated history of beer brewing in Boston and the U.S., and stops to sample the wares at three pubs.
Brew pubs, also known as microbreweries, are a combination of restaurant and bar that usually have brewing equipment exposed so that customers can watch beer making in progress. Brew pubs are popular throughout most of the U.S. and in many foreign countries. The pubs have been a significant new trend, attracting visitors with a different atmosphere and specialty, premium beers in a variety of different flavors.
In most states, the above description of a brew pub wouldn`t be necessary. But brew pubs haven`t been legal in Mississippi until recently when the state became the last in the country to legalize microbreweries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that