by Chris Elkins
Published: January 18,1999
It wa like something out of one of this year’s NFL game .
The shot bounced off the back of the goal with a resounding thud, and then it flew right out of the net. Shearwater Sea King fans went wild, then booed angrily. How could the referee have missed that call? I glanced over at my 8-year old-son, who was experiencing live hockey for the first time. Perhaps ringing in the New Year in Canada was not such a bad idea. He was yelling to his new friend at the top of his lungs .
“ hoot again, Jake!”
Concern that my on might not appreciate hockey were obviou ly unju tified.
During the break before the final period he turned and a ked, “When will we get hockey in Jack on?”
“ oon. Very oon,” I re ponded.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development