by Chris Elkins
Published: January 18,1999
It wa like something out of one of this year’s NFL game .
The shot bounced off the back of the goal with a resounding thud, and then it flew right out of the net. Shearwater Sea King fans went wild, then booed angrily. How could the referee have missed that call? I glanced over at my 8-year old-son, who was experiencing live hockey for the first time. Perhaps ringing in the New Year in Canada was not such a bad idea. He was yelling to his new friend at the top of his lungs .
“ hoot again, Jake!”
Concern that my on might not appreciate hockey were obviou ly unju tified.
During the break before the final period he turned and a ked, “When will we get hockey in Jack on?”
“ oon. Very oon,” I re ponded.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs