by Chris Elkins
Published: January 18,1999
It wa like something out of one of this year’s NFL game .
The shot bounced off the back of the goal with a resounding thud, and then it flew right out of the net. Shearwater Sea King fans went wild, then booed angrily. How could the referee have missed that call? I glanced over at my 8-year old-son, who was experiencing live hockey for the first time. Perhaps ringing in the New Year in Canada was not such a bad idea. He was yelling to his new friend at the top of his lungs .
“ hoot again, Jake!”
Concern that my on might not appreciate hockey were obviou ly unju tified.
During the break before the final period he turned and a ked, “When will we get hockey in Jack on?”
“ oon. Very oon,” I re ponded.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life