Turtle Creek Mall at capacity
Published: July 19,1999
HATTIESBURG — With the opening of the Hat Shack on July 12, Turtle Creek Mall in Hattiesburg is now 100% leased. According to a news release from Turtle Creek, fewer than 1% of the 43,600 U.S. shopping centers reach the milestone. The industry average, according to the International Council of Shopping Centers, is 85%.
Turtle Creek opened with phase one in Oct. 1994 with a lease rate of 98%. Phase two opened in March 1995, bringing the total square footage of Turtle Creek to 884,000. The mall now boasts more than 100 department and specialty stores.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast