Turtle Creek Mall at capacity
Published: July 19,1999
HATTIESBURG — With the opening of the Hat Shack on July 12, Turtle Creek Mall in Hattiesburg is now 100% leased. According to a news release from Turtle Creek, fewer than 1% of the 43,600 U.S. shopping centers reach the milestone. The industry average, according to the International Council of Shopping Centers, is 85%.
Turtle Creek opened with phase one in Oct. 1994 with a lease rate of 98%. Phase two opened in March 1995, bringing the total square footage of Turtle Creek to 884,000. The mall now boasts more than 100 department and specialty stores.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force