Turtle Creek Mall at capacity
Published: July 19,1999
HATTIESBURG — With the opening of the Hat Shack on July 12, Turtle Creek Mall in Hattiesburg is now 100% leased. According to a news release from Turtle Creek, fewer than 1% of the 43,600 U.S. shopping centers reach the milestone. The industry average, according to the International Council of Shopping Centers, is 85%.
Turtle Creek opened with phase one in Oct. 1994 with a lease rate of 98%. Phase two opened in March 1995, bringing the total square footage of Turtle Creek to 884,000. The mall now boasts more than 100 department and specialty stores.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues