Minding Everyone Else`s
by For the MBJ
Published: May 8,2000
I’m heading to Tallahassee to see my brother graduate from Florida State with a master’s degree in statistics.
His graduation will complete the over-education of my family, now with a complete set of master’s degrees: two in English, one in mathematics, one in engineering and one doctorate in mechanical engineering.
He, like my father the mechanical engineer, is a numbers cruncher. He’s always been good with numbers. Despite being three years younger than me, he was able to complete times tables and tell time before I could.
He would set up baseball teams on the computer and play complete 162 game seasons, compiling statistics for every player and every team. This was before computers could automatically project the results without playing the actual games as they can now.
Apparently, he knows his numbers well. He garnered a 3.6 GPA during his undergraduate years at the University of New Hampshire and a 3.9 at Florida State.
Armed with a r
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues