Minding Everyone Else`s
by For the MBJ
Published: May 8,2000
I’m heading to Tallahassee to see my brother graduate from Florida State with a master’s degree in statistics.
His graduation will complete the over-education of my family, now with a complete set of master’s degrees: two in English, one in mathematics, one in engineering and one doctorate in mechanical engineering.
He, like my father the mechanical engineer, is a numbers cruncher. He’s always been good with numbers. Despite being three years younger than me, he was able to complete times tables and tell time before I could.
He would set up baseball teams on the computer and play complete 162 game seasons, compiling statistics for every player and every team. This was before computers could automatically project the results without playing the actual games as they can now.
Apparently, he knows his numbers well. He garnered a 3.6 GPA during his undergraduate years at the University of New Hampshire and a 3.9 at Florida State.
Armed with a r
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option