Minding Everyone Else`s
by For the MBJ
Published: May 8,2000
I’m heading to Tallahassee to see my brother graduate from Florida State with a master’s degree in statistics.
His graduation will complete the over-education of my family, now with a complete set of master’s degrees: two in English, one in mathematics, one in engineering and one doctorate in mechanical engineering.
He, like my father the mechanical engineer, is a numbers cruncher. He’s always been good with numbers. Despite being three years younger than me, he was able to complete times tables and tell time before I could.
He would set up baseball teams on the computer and play complete 162 game seasons, compiling statistics for every player and every team. This was before computers could automatically project the results without playing the actual games as they can now.
Apparently, he knows his numbers well. He garnered a 3.6 GPA during his undergraduate years at the University of New Hampshire and a 3.9 at Florida State.
Armed with a r
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal