The View From Here
by Staff Writer
Published: January 8,2001
The feast of Epiphany — January 6th — has come and gone, and now Christendom marches faithfully toward Lent and then Easter.
While many believers pay no attention to a liturgical calendar, Epiphany does provide a time for reflection and introspection, which can be much more meaningful and long-lasting than this time of year’s traditional resolution list-making.
More than a decade ago, I was sitting in one of Mrs. Warren’s English classes when we tackled epiphanies — those moments — manifestations — of personal realization that strike significant characters of Literature (note the big “L”) and know-it-all high school students. You know, those “Eureka!” moments when the light bulb is hovering above the cartoon character’s head.
The word seems so clich
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year