The View From Here
by Staff Writer
Published: January 8,2001
The feast of Epiphany — January 6th — has come and gone, and now Christendom marches faithfully toward Lent and then Easter.
While many believers pay no attention to a liturgical calendar, Epiphany does provide a time for reflection and introspection, which can be much more meaningful and long-lasting than this time of year’s traditional resolution list-making.
More than a decade ago, I was sitting in one of Mrs. Warren’s English classes when we tackled epiphanies — those moments — manifestations — of personal realization that strike significant characters of Literature (note the big “L”) and know-it-all high school students. You know, those “Eureka!” moments when the light bulb is hovering above the cartoon character’s head.
The word seems so clich
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation