The View From Here
by Staff Writer
Published: January 8,2001
The feast of Epiphany — January 6th — has come and gone, and now Christendom marches faithfully toward Lent and then Easter.
While many believers pay no attention to a liturgical calendar, Epiphany does provide a time for reflection and introspection, which can be much more meaningful and long-lasting than this time of year’s traditional resolution list-making.
More than a decade ago, I was sitting in one of Mrs. Warren’s English classes when we tackled epiphanies — those moments — manifestations — of personal realization that strike significant characters of Literature (note the big “L”) and know-it-all high school students. You know, those “Eureka!” moments when the light bulb is hovering above the cartoon character’s head.
The word seems so clich
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office