The View From Here
by Staff Writer
Published: January 8,2001
The feast of Epiphany — January 6th — has come and gone, and now Christendom marches faithfully toward Lent and then Easter.
While many believers pay no attention to a liturgical calendar, Epiphany does provide a time for reflection and introspection, which can be much more meaningful and long-lasting than this time of year’s traditional resolution list-making.
More than a decade ago, I was sitting in one of Mrs. Warren’s English classes when we tackled epiphanies — those moments — manifestations — of personal realization that strike significant characters of Literature (note the big “L”) and know-it-all high school students. You know, those “Eureka!” moments when the light bulb is hovering above the cartoon character’s head.
The word seems so clich
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job