The View From Here
by Staff Writer
Published: January 8,2001
The feast of Epiphany — January 6th — has come and gone, and now Christendom marches faithfully toward Lent and then Easter.
While many believers pay no attention to a liturgical calendar, Epiphany does provide a time for reflection and introspection, which can be much more meaningful and long-lasting than this time of year’s traditional resolution list-making.
More than a decade ago, I was sitting in one of Mrs. Warren’s English classes when we tackled epiphanies — those moments — manifestations — of personal realization that strike significant characters of Literature (note the big “L”) and know-it-all high school students. You know, those “Eureka!” moments when the light bulb is hovering above the cartoon character’s head.
The word seems so clich
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit