B-I-N-G-O! Charitable gaming boosts non-profit organizations
Published: November 4,2002
Charitable gaming at Mississippi bingo parlors may be small potatoes compared to revenues generated at casinos. But revenue from bingo provides a critical source of income for the 122 non-profit organizations in the state who have bingo operations. In fiscal 2001, about $22 million in net profits went towards funding charitable efforts in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015