B-I-N-G-O! Charitable gaming boosts non-profit organizations
Published: November 4,2002
Charitable gaming at Mississippi bingo parlors may be small potatoes compared to revenues generated at casinos. But revenue from bingo provides a critical source of income for the 122 non-profit organizations in the state who have bingo operations. In fiscal 2001, about $22 million in net profits went towards funding charitable efforts in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal