B-I-N-G-O! Charitable gaming boosts non-profit organizations
Published: November 4,2002
Charitable gaming at Mississippi bingo parlors may be small potatoes compared to revenues generated at casinos. But revenue from bingo provides a critical source of income for the 122 non-profit organizations in the state who have bingo operations. In fiscal 2001, about $22 million in net profits went towards funding charitable efforts in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs