B-I-N-G-O! Charitable gaming boosts non-profit organizations
Published: November 4,2002
Charitable gaming at Mississippi bingo parlors may be small potatoes compared to revenues generated at casinos. But revenue from bingo provides a critical source of income for the 122 non-profit organizations in the state who have bingo operations. In fiscal 2001, about $22 million in net profits went towards funding charitable efforts in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center