B-I-N-G-O! Charitable gaming boosts non-profit organizations
Published: November 4,2002
Charitable gaming at Mississippi bingo parlors may be small potatoes compared to revenues generated at casinos. But revenue from bingo provides a critical source of income for the 122 non-profit organizations in the state who have bingo operations. In fiscal 2001, about $22 million in net profits went towards funding charitable efforts in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'