Chamber’s annual event Wednesday at the Marriott
by For the MBJ
Published: December 10,2007
The Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership, formerly the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce, will host its annual meeting on Wednesday at the Jackson Marriott. Randy James, chairman of the Partnership, announced that the keynote speaker for the banquet, sponsored by Chamber Plus Inc., will be the Hon. Robert Mosbacher.
Mosbacher is chairman/CEO of Mosbacher Energy Company. In December 1988, President-elect H.W. Bush nominated Mosbocher to be the 28th Secretary of Commerce. A month later, the United States Senate confirmed his appointment to the Cabinet by a unanimous 100-0 vote.
James, who is also a partner with Pruitt Companies, has had a long relationship with Mosbacher. “He’s been a friend for a long time, and we’ve done some business with him. He actually has some oil and gas production in Mississippi.”
James said that among other things, Mosbocher will address regionalism, which is what the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership is moving to. “In today’s business environment, when industries and companies are looking to move to new areas, they look at a region as a whole. They are not limited to boundaries or city limits. We represent a big area, and what we are doing is happening all across the country. It doesn’t matter that Nissan is 25 miles north of Jackson or if it was 25 south of Jackson. The main thing is that it is near Jackson, and that makes all the difference.”
Tyler Armstrong, COO of the Partnership, said that 650 to 700 people are expected for banquet. “This will be a great meeting for the business community because now, more than ever, Central Mississippi has so much to offer.”
This year’s annual event will also acknowledge the leadership of James through the Chamber’s efforts within the metro business community. Doors open at 11 a.m., and the meeting is from 11:30 to 1 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Kellye Smith at (601) 948-7575, extension 234.
Contact MBJ contributing writer S.J. Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects