Chamber’s annual event Wednesday at the Marriott
by For the MBJ
Published: December 10,2007
The Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership, formerly the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce, will host its annual meeting on Wednesday at the Jackson Marriott. Randy James, chairman of the Partnership, announced that the keynote speaker for the banquet, sponsored by Chamber Plus Inc., will be the Hon. Robert Mosbacher.
Mosbacher is chairman/CEO of Mosbacher Energy Company. In December 1988, President-elect H.W. Bush nominated Mosbocher to be the 28th Secretary of Commerce. A month later, the United States Senate confirmed his appointment to the Cabinet by a unanimous 100-0 vote.
James, who is also a partner with Pruitt Companies, has had a long relationship with Mosbacher. “He’s been a friend for a long time, and we’ve done some business with him. He actually has some oil and gas production in Mississippi.”
James said that among other things, Mosbocher will address regionalism, which is what the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership is moving to. “In today’s business environment, when industries and companies are looking to move to new areas, they look at a region as a whole. They are not limited to boundaries or city limits. We represent a big area, and what we are doing is happening all across the country. It doesn’t matter that Nissan is 25 miles north of Jackson or if it was 25 south of Jackson. The main thing is that it is near Jackson, and that makes all the difference.”
Tyler Armstrong, COO of the Partnership, said that 650 to 700 people are expected for banquet. “This will be a great meeting for the business community because now, more than ever, Central Mississippi has so much to offer.”
This year’s annual event will also acknowledge the leadership of James through the Chamber’s efforts within the metro business community. Doors open at 11 a.m., and the meeting is from 11:30 to 1 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Kellye Smith at (601) 948-7575, extension 234.
Contact MBJ contributing writer S.J. Anderson at email@example.com .
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal