Chamber’s annual event Wednesday at the Marriott
by For the MBJ
Published: December 10,2007
The Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership, formerly the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce, will host its annual meeting on Wednesday at the Jackson Marriott. Randy James, chairman of the Partnership, announced that the keynote speaker for the banquet, sponsored by Chamber Plus Inc., will be the Hon. Robert Mosbacher.
Mosbacher is chairman/CEO of Mosbacher Energy Company. In December 1988, President-elect H.W. Bush nominated Mosbocher to be the 28th Secretary of Commerce. A month later, the United States Senate confirmed his appointment to the Cabinet by a unanimous 100-0 vote.
James, who is also a partner with Pruitt Companies, has had a long relationship with Mosbacher. “He’s been a friend for a long time, and we’ve done some business with him. He actually has some oil and gas production in Mississippi.”
James said that among other things, Mosbocher will address regionalism, which is what the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership is moving to. “In today’s business environment, when industries and companies are looking to move to new areas, they look at a region as a whole. They are not limited to boundaries or city limits. We represent a big area, and what we are doing is happening all across the country. It doesn’t matter that Nissan is 25 miles north of Jackson or if it was 25 south of Jackson. The main thing is that it is near Jackson, and that makes all the difference.”
Tyler Armstrong, COO of the Partnership, said that 650 to 700 people are expected for banquet. “This will be a great meeting for the business community because now, more than ever, Central Mississippi has so much to offer.”
This year’s annual event will also acknowledge the leadership of James through the Chamber’s efforts within the metro business community. Doors open at 11 a.m., and the meeting is from 11:30 to 1 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Kellye Smith at (601) 948-7575, extension 234.
Contact MBJ contributing writer S.J. Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money