Peavey delivers commencement at MUW
by Staff Writer
Published: May 28,2009
Mary Peavey, wife to Hartley Peavey and President of Peavey Electronics Corporation, was chosen as keynote commencement speaker for the Mississippi University for Women’s class of 2009 graduation. Peavey was also honored with the Medal of Excellence by the college. Peavey encouraged the graduates to recognize their unique gifts and talents, develop them relentlessly and give back to the world.
Peavey also shared her experiences in business, life, and the inspiring story of Peavey Electronics, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment. Upon being presented with the Medal of Excellence from MUW President Dr. Claudia Limbert, Peavey presented Limbert with a one-of-a-kind Peavey Custom Shop guitar designed with the university seal to commemorate the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports