Peavey delivers commencement at MUW
by Staff Writer
Published: May 28,2009
Mary Peavey, wife to Hartley Peavey and President of Peavey Electronics Corporation, was chosen as keynote commencement speaker for the Mississippi University for Women’s class of 2009 graduation. Peavey was also honored with the Medal of Excellence by the college. Peavey encouraged the graduates to recognize their unique gifts and talents, develop them relentlessly and give back to the world.
Peavey also shared her experiences in business, life, and the inspiring story of Peavey Electronics, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment. Upon being presented with the Medal of Excellence from MUW President Dr. Claudia Limbert, Peavey presented Limbert with a one-of-a-kind Peavey Custom Shop guitar designed with the university seal to commemorate the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county