Peavey delivers commencement at MUW
by Staff Writer
Published: May 28,2009
Mary Peavey, wife to Hartley Peavey and President of Peavey Electronics Corporation, was chosen as keynote commencement speaker for the Mississippi University for Women’s class of 2009 graduation. Peavey was also honored with the Medal of Excellence by the college. Peavey encouraged the graduates to recognize their unique gifts and talents, develop them relentlessly and give back to the world.
Peavey also shared her experiences in business, life, and the inspiring story of Peavey Electronics, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment. Upon being presented with the Medal of Excellence from MUW President Dr. Claudia Limbert, Peavey presented Limbert with a one-of-a-kind Peavey Custom Shop guitar designed with the university seal to commemorate the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma