Peavey delivers commencement at MUW
by Staff Writer
Published: May 28,2009
Mary Peavey, wife to Hartley Peavey and President of Peavey Electronics Corporation, was chosen as keynote commencement speaker for the Mississippi University for Women’s class of 2009 graduation. Peavey was also honored with the Medal of Excellence by the college. Peavey encouraged the graduates to recognize their unique gifts and talents, develop them relentlessly and give back to the world.
Peavey also shared her experiences in business, life, and the inspiring story of Peavey Electronics, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment. Upon being presented with the Medal of Excellence from MUW President Dr. Claudia Limbert, Peavey presented Limbert with a one-of-a-kind Peavey Custom Shop guitar designed with the university seal to commemorate the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’