Peavey delivers commencement at MUW
by Staff Writer
Published: May 28,2009
Mary Peavey, wife to Hartley Peavey and President of Peavey Electronics Corporation, was chosen as keynote commencement speaker for the Mississippi University for Women’s class of 2009 graduation. Peavey was also honored with the Medal of Excellence by the college. Peavey encouraged the graduates to recognize their unique gifts and talents, develop them relentlessly and give back to the world.
Peavey also shared her experiences in business, life, and the inspiring story of Peavey Electronics, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment. Upon being presented with the Medal of Excellence from MUW President Dr. Claudia Limbert, Peavey presented Limbert with a one-of-a-kind Peavey Custom Shop guitar designed with the university seal to commemorate the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal