Airport adds Atlanta flights
Published: June 5,2009
GULFPORT — A public charter airline company will begin operating nonstop flights three days a week between Atlanta and Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport July 8, the AP reports.
Airport officials announced the new service operated by Southern Skyways in a news release June 1. The flights will be a partnership among Southern Skyways, which is operated by Atlanta-based Aviation Advantage Inc., Grand Casino Biloxi and IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi.
Southern Skyways will use a 117-seat Boeing 717 aircraft operated by AirTran Airways, and flights will be available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur