Airport adds Atlanta flights
by Wally Northway
Published: June 5,2009
GULFPORT — A public charter airline company will begin operating nonstop flights three days a week between Atlanta and Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport July 8, the AP reports.
Airport officials announced the new service operated by Southern Skyways in a news release June 1. The flights will be a partnership among Southern Skyways, which is operated by Atlanta-based Aviation Advantage Inc., Grand Casino Biloxi and IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi.
Southern Skyways will use a 117-seat Boeing 717 aircraft operated by AirTran Airways, and flights will be available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county