Airport adds Atlanta flights
Published: June 5,2009
GULFPORT — A public charter airline company will begin operating nonstop flights three days a week between Atlanta and Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport July 8, the AP reports.
Airport officials announced the new service operated by Southern Skyways in a news release June 1. The flights will be a partnership among Southern Skyways, which is operated by Atlanta-based Aviation Advantage Inc., Grand Casino Biloxi and IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi.
Southern Skyways will use a 117-seat Boeing 717 aircraft operated by AirTran Airways, and flights will be available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino