Airport adds Atlanta flights
by Wally Northway
Published: June 5,2009
GULFPORT — A public charter airline company will begin operating nonstop flights three days a week between Atlanta and Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport July 8, the AP reports.
Airport officials announced the new service operated by Southern Skyways in a news release June 1. The flights will be a partnership among Southern Skyways, which is operated by Atlanta-based Aviation Advantage Inc., Grand Casino Biloxi and IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi.
Southern Skyways will use a 117-seat Boeing 717 aircraft operated by AirTran Airways, and flights will be available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline